SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) is the most widely used social audit in the world. SMETA is Sedex’s social auditing methodology which enables businesses to assess their sites and suppliers to understand working conditions in their supply chain. SMETA assesses a site based on its organization’s standards of labour, health and safety, environment, and business ethics. It is also designed for suppliers to share one audit with multiple customers, meeting all customer requirements and reducing duplication and audit fatigue.
SMETA Certification in USA is one of the many services offered by TopCertifier, the global consulting and certification solutions provider. Our highly qualified auditors carry out on-site observations, conduct interviews with factory management and workers, inspect documents provided by the factory, and present their findings in a SMETA Report. Based on the audit report, our experts prepare a SMETA Corrective Action Plan Report (CAPR). We deliver SMETA certification services to all major locations in USA, like New York, Chicago, San Antonio, Los Angeles, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Diego, Washington etc.
SMETA reduces audit fatigue by providing a single format for audits, which are widely accepted. It motivates the workforce while also improving efficiency in the workplace. It helps your organization stand out from the competition with neutral evidence of your corporate citizenship.
Pillars of the Sedex
The SMETA has designed one audit to meet multiple customer requirements, for the suppliers to reduce the duplication in Ethical auditing. SMETA has 3 major elements
SMETA Audit includes the following steps:
1. Submit a self-evaluation form
All the applicants are required to complete a self-evaluation form before we begin with our Sedex audit. Forms are filled out by the sites to be audited.
2. Conduct a Sedex audit on site
Our auditors visit the sites to be audited. An auditing team assesses the extent to which your social management documentation meets the SMETA criteria. The duration of any given audit depends on the number of employees and locations.
3. Issue a report and CAPR
Once the Sedex audit is done, our auditors create a corrective action plan for you along with a detailed audit report (SMETA Report & CAPR), which you can now upload to the Sedex database. Once completed, you may opt to review your Sedex audit with us.
Benefits of A Sedex Audit
1. Improve your image by showing your customers and partners that you are committed to the principles of ethically and socially responsible business.
2. Sedex offers internationally recognized and globally applicable audit formats, save time and money by avoiding duplicate audits and certifications by other standards.
3. Stand out from the competition with neutral evidence of your corporate citizenship.
4. Mitigate risks in the fields of social responsibility and sustainability.
5. Drive the continual improvement of your supplier relations. 6. Motivate the workforce, while improving efficiency in the workplace 7. Enhance ethical trading programs currently in place